Sunday, August 23, 2009

Family Reunion

It's that time of year: bees in your soda, grass getting drier, long cool summer evenings, camping trips and family reunions: where good food, drink, and relatives come from afar to get together, catch up, and argue good naturedly over who's in which pictures or what a death certificate says about an ancient relative's cause of death. A group of twenty or so of us got together for a few hours that Saturday afternoon, and then about a dozen or so of us continued back at the homestead for the rest of the weekend.

Even though I'd spent quite a bit of time with some of the fam, it never gets old! Not only were the regulars there, but my cousin brought her new baby and a couple of their dogs. Story swapping, game playing, and dog wrassling ensued well into the evening. Sorry, no pics!

P.S. The flip flops are getting easier to manage. I've been using them for short jaunts such as getting the mail and taking out the garbage, although at first I was putting off taking out the garbage until it was out of hand due to me avoiding putting them on, but I hardly hesitate now. YES!

3 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention the pear growing stories that happen at the Brown Family reunions. :) hehe Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I forget? Haha that's just so normal that I don't even think of it anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job!
    Flip flops are great huh?

    Yes, it takes a lil' time with the toe-zies!!
    You get the wrong type of material between your toes...and.your done. OUCH!!

    ReplyDelete