Sunday, June 14, 2009

Crickets in Springfield

So we had a surprise visit from the fire marshal the other day at work. We asked him for identification, and he jokingly said he didn't think he needed any since he was a terrorist. So my coworker replies (jokingly, mind you) with the suggestion that he pick up his anthrax in the back. All goes silent for about 5 seconds--you could hear the proverbial crickets--and he says "What?" in a low, dangerous tone. So, we say again, hesitantly, that if he was a terrorist (nervous half-laugh added at this point) that we had the anthrax he ordered in the back. Crickets again. And then he just moves on to the next subject as if nothing happened.

?!?!?!

I can't remember exactly what the second incident was, but that time it was crickets on our end because we didn't know how to react. We still don't know whether he was joking or not. If I remember the particulars later, I'll add them in. At least we passed the inspection... I guess that's the important thing. He wasn't anything like Fire Marshal Bill. Could it be that Jim Carey was not portraying the typical fire marshal?

3 comments:

  1. AHAHAH Oh my freakin eh gosh!!!!!!!! You guys said that to a cop???????? Oh my gosh!!!! You guys are complete dorks!!! but funny at that! haha I just love ya big brother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, well he started it! Apparently he's the only one who gets to be funny. I guess we missed that hint... a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how it feels when your the one, trying to say something clever and all you hear are crickets......crickets follow me everywhere.
    People ( alot of them) don't get my sense of humor. Oh well. But good for you!!!! I'm glad that was said to him! That is fabulous!!!

    Thank you for your very sweet comment on my blog. Your sister is an amazing woman and will go far in life! She has a heart about her that is rare.Your lucky to have her a your sister :)
    She's very special!!:)

    ReplyDelete