
Two folks got married this weekend that I knew from Fox. Both had spent a fair amount of time in China, and had incorporated some of the dress, decorations, and food into the ceremony and reception. Being a bit of a China fan myself, I wanted to add something Chinese to my gift. Unfortunately my decision to do so came on an evening in which I had slept 4 hours the night before and had only eaten a couple of granola bars that day. Rather than the usual "The Happy Couple" or "The Newlyweds" or whatever the heck people put on their cards, I wanted something unique, dangit! In a state of mild delirium (or extreme, perhaps?), I decided I would use Mandarin characters to sound out "For the Happy Couple", aka Fo De Ha Pi Kou Po [foe duh hah pee kow poe]. Lame? Perhaps. Offensive? I sure hope not! As I placed the gift on the table, I hoped that they would find a fraction of the amusement I felt on that odd evening. At the very least, it made the coffee grinder a little more memorable.
HHHAAAA!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! It took me awhile to get that by the way but freakin funny once I did!
ReplyDeleteSweet! That's two of us that thought it was funny so far. *whew*
ReplyDeleteReally? You did that?
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed Karate Kid! :)
Your awesome!!!!!!!!!!