We got up early to begin the trip home. Yen took us to the train for the ride back, and then it all began.
Unfortunately, someone about 4 seats in front of me had been really thirsty the night before, and I could smell him clear from where I was. A few stops down he started to work on standing up, lurched over to the (wrong) door for a particular stop.
Once he figured out it was on the other side, he leaned out the door, looked both directions with his eyes mostly, if not completely, closed, and proceeded to dash my hopes by opting for another circuit before deciding where home was. (He was still on the train when we got off at the end of the line). Nauseating would be an understatement. By the time I finally had an appetite it was too late to get anything to eat, and I was going to starve before I paid 7 bucks for a croissant on the plane. But unfortunately I think that's what gave me the headache, one so bad it made me nauseous again, thus creating a downward spiral of unwell-being. By the time we got back and made it to Steve's car, we found out that a can of gas had spilt in the back. And it was real bad. No help to the headache, and driving down the highway in December with the windows down trying not to suffocate. For a fleeting moment, I contemplated lighting a match to end it all, but it was only for a fleeting moment.
We made it back to his place without incident. Even though the nausea had not worn off, I strangely was craving the buffalo chicken sandwich at Subway, so I headed over to get something to eat. Sadly, they no longer have it but I was better enough to have something else by then. Next I headed up to see Amy's new place, and she, Joe, Jules, and I watched A Christmas Story, visited, and destroyed a giant bowl of popcorn. It was good to see them again and I was thankful to have this break to recover from the first legs of the journey before driving home for work the next morning.
It was a rough last step to the journey, but it was well worth it for the whole trip!
Unfortunately, someone about 4 seats in front of me had been really thirsty the night before, and I could smell him clear from where I was. A few stops down he started to work on standing up, lurched over to the (wrong) door for a particular stop.
Once he figured out it was on the other side, he leaned out the door, looked both directions with his eyes mostly, if not completely, closed, and proceeded to dash my hopes by opting for another circuit before deciding where home was. (He was still on the train when we got off at the end of the line). Nauseating would be an understatement. By the time I finally had an appetite it was too late to get anything to eat, and I was going to starve before I paid 7 bucks for a croissant on the plane. But unfortunately I think that's what gave me the headache, one so bad it made me nauseous again, thus creating a downward spiral of unwell-being. By the time we got back and made it to Steve's car, we found out that a can of gas had spilt in the back. And it was real bad. No help to the headache, and driving down the highway in December with the windows down trying not to suffocate. For a fleeting moment, I contemplated lighting a match to end it all, but it was only for a fleeting moment.
We made it back to his place without incident. Even though the nausea had not worn off, I strangely was craving the buffalo chicken sandwich at Subway, so I headed over to get something to eat. Sadly, they no longer have it but I was better enough to have something else by then. Next I headed up to see Amy's new place, and she, Joe, Jules, and I watched A Christmas Story, visited, and destroyed a giant bowl of popcorn. It was good to see them again and I was thankful to have this break to recover from the first legs of the journey before driving home for work the next morning.It was a rough last step to the journey, but it was well worth it for the whole trip!
sleep schmeep. glad you came to oregon city before heading south :)
ReplyDeleteI miss those people and you.
ReplyDeleteYour story kept me intrigued...I spelled that incorrectly huh?
ReplyDeleteBut Wow! What luck!
But Hope you had a great Holiday Robbie :)